- When and how did everything begin?
- What is a miracle?
- What is the sun?
- Why do bad things happen?
Throughout history people all over the world have invented stories to answer profound questions such as these. Have you heard the tale of how the sun hatched out of an emu’s egg? Or what about the great catfish that carries the world on its back? These fantastical myths are fun – but what is the real answer to such questions?
In this fully interactive, groundbreaking app, Richard Dawkins presents the real story of the world around us, taking you on an enthralling journey through scientific reality, and showing that it has an awe-inspiring beauty and thrilling magic which far exceed those of the ancient myths.
The ultimate digital book experience from one of the world’s greatest scientists.
- Navigate seamlessly through Richard Dawkins’ enlightening and informative descriptions with a unique layout and interface designed specifically for the iPad
- Enjoy over 250 original illustrations from world-renowned artist Dave McKean
- Watch images leap from the screen with more than 100 stunning animations
- Listen to exclusive audio and watch original video of Richard Dawkins
- Play with interactive demonstrations and games that bring science to life:
- Create your own rainbows using prisms and light
- Journey through space to understand the vastness of our universe
- Add heat, pressure and tilt your iPad to see what happens to different states of matter
- Travel back in time to find out what your ancient ancestors looked like
- Start a new species by blowing Iguanas across the ocean
- Fire Newton’s cannon around the Earth
- And more!
THE MAGIC OF REALITY FOR iPAD WINS PUBLISHING INNOVATION AWARD
We are thrilled to announce that the ground-breaking app of Richard Dawkins’ and Dave McKean’s The Magic of Reality for iPad won the Publishing Innovation Award for best non-fiction book app at the 2012 Digital Book World Conference in New York.
It is the mission of the PIAs "to highlight excellent publishers and authors, encourage new thinking and improve the reading experience in the digital age". There was intense competition for this award with hundreds of entries from publishers around the world – so winning in this hotly-contested category is a tremendous achievement.